DualCom is the UK’s favourite Dual Signalling system used in near 100,000
Security Installations. Behind DualCom is a sturdy network of polling servers that
are duplicated on every level to guarantee the Alarm Signals’ delivery to
the Alarm Receiving Centre.
Gemini is the name given to CSL DualCom’s network of polling servers. There
are five servers in total which are all connected to Vodafone Virtual Private Networks
to relay information from protected premises to the ARC. The Network is duplicated
at every point and every point in the network is independently monitored.
The Gemini Managed Network is the polling and delivery vehicle for DualCom GPRS.
The Network currently handles over 22 million calls a week and is the very engine
that powers DualCom’s signalling integrity and gives the product its high
‘Dual path’ Signalling is the minimum recommended for professional alarm
systems. The Gemini Managed Network provides multiple paths.
Gemini & DualCom are unique in alarm reporting
- Diverse routes on primary path. 30000+ base stations supported by 5 Polling Servers.
- Diverse modes on primary path. Alternate GPRS & GSM Data services on the radio path.
- Secondary path is diverse technology from primary path PSTN or LAN
- Gemini uses PSTN as a secondary path.
- When monitoring (polling) fails, a Polling Server will call the DualCom. This is
via a different primary path mode. It does this before reporting a ‘radio path failure’
to the ARC. This means less false alarms.
- The whole GPRS (& LAN) route from DualCom to ARC is permanently monitored. Not
just the section from the DualCom to the base station.